Wednesday Notebook: September 11
Hard to believe we are in the final month of the road season already - seems like we were just lamenting the long, wet and cold spring! But alas, all is not completely foregone:
- The Finale of the 2013 MATTS series is this weekend, Saturday, Sept 14 at the Garden Prairie Time Trial p/b EMC2 . Looking at current standings, a number of categories are still very close for claims to the overall title.
- The ABR-sanctioned Fall Fling p/b Athletes by Design Cycling Club will be weekends of Sept 21/22 and Sept 28/20. Online registration is open until Wed, Sept 18. The series features the “Winner Take All” team competition that has become a great get-out-the-team draw for all the big clubs (you know who you are!)
- We missed coverage of the Gateway Cup that is held each year over Labor Day Weekend down in St. Louis - but check out the official results posted here.
- The USA Cycling Masters Championships were last weekend. Not a lot of racers from CBR’land, but special shout out to Jeff Otto (Scarlet Fire Racing) for his 7th in 45-49 Time Trial.
- Although not an official “race”, we did the Sub5 Centruy Ride for Parkinson’s Disease Research this past weekend. Its a great event, and as the ride’s 3rd annual, it is starting to attract a lot of CBR teams. There don’t seem to be any set rules, but the 11-rider team format we used to “compete” against the other teams was great. And more importantly over $100,000 was raised for the charity (100% goes to the cause). Tower Racing’s Jim Cox was the top fundraiser!